This is the third installment in my new weekly series. Each week, I’ll be bringing you an idea – whether it’s a magazine to write for, a theme for a short story, the opening line of a poem…Here are the first and second in the series.
This week, it’s the letter C‘s turn. And C is for Competitions. On a Wednesday, I always post a Markets For Writers blog, usually detailing a short story or poetry competition. I know some of you find it difficult to gain inspiration and to get ideas. Here are some prompts to get your creative competition juices flowing:
- The Seasons
- New Beginnings
- The Sea
- When she woke up that morning, she knew she was going to kill someone.
- The young woman shrank back in her seat, her jagged nails chewing into the cheap cloth.
- I always knew there was something sinister about the cupboard under the stairs.
- “What on earth are you doing?”
- He knew he shouldn’t have taken it.
- The Surprise
- The Journey
- The Secret Garden