As many of you will know, I have run some short story competitions in the past. The last two were flash fiction competitions of 250 words, with an open theme. I’m thinking of running another, but I’d like your input. What would get you thinking and itching to enter? Here are some ideas I’ve had:
- A flash fiction story of 100 words
- A themed story of 1000/2000 words
- A themed poem of up to 40 lines
- An open poetry competition up to 40 lines
- An open short story competition of 1000/2000 words
- An open or themed story up to 5000 words
Please tell me what you think and do add to the suggestions. This is YOUR competition so I’d love to hear what you think. I’m thinking of running several simultaneously e.g. poetry and short story competitions.
If you’d like to read more about the last two competitions, please take a look at the Flash Fiction Competition Showcase page.