For my challenge this week, I’m going to give you a random line, which must be included somewhere in your story. There’s no word limit, so it can be as short or as long as you like. Here’s the line:
I can’t believe I’m actually going to do this, I thought.
For last week’s challenge, you had to write a 20-word story, using the words, ‘fairy’, ‘tomato’, ‘stroppy’, ‘nuzzling’ and ‘astronaut’. There were some hilarious stories:
Judith Westerfield starts us off with two funny stories. Great to see Ali Isaac with a starring role in the second!:
1) Nuzzling the alien Stroppy, the lonely astronaut watched the tomato earth rise. Stroppy comforted him. It’s no fairy-tale in space.
2) Nuzzling the alien Stroppy, astronaut Ali Isaac longed for ripe tomatoes. Stroppy informed her: Writing challenges are all mad fairy-tales.
Geoff Le Pard is far too witty:
Becoming an astronaut was a fairy-tale; but daily tomato soup had him nuzzling the toilet, making him stroppy.
Keith Channing‘s story is a laugh out loud one:
There’s something fundamentally wrong about an astronaut nuzzling up to a stroppy fairy while eating tomato soup in zero gravity!
Jason Moody treats us to four this week:
1) As an astronaut, Tim had seen many things. However, a sentient tomato nuzzling a stroppy fairy? This beat them all.
2) Nuzzling into the cat, the stroppy fairy threw the tomato at the astronaut on his lunch break. As you do.
3) Gabrielle, the trainee astronaut fairy, sat nuzzling her cat. It was almost Doris’ feeding time, she was stroppy. Tomato today!
4)“Houston. You won’t believe this.”